Contact Pasqua Hospital
- Call:(306) 766-2674
- Address:4101 Dewdney Avenue
- Number of Beds:9
Send Us an Email
Overview of Programs and Services
Age groups served
A nine-bed unit is located at the Pasqua Hospital. It provides short-term care, symptom management, plans for discharge or end-of-life care.
The unit provides a private room for each client. Visiting hours are flexible and overnight stays for loved ones may be accommodated. Family room/kitchen and sun room are also available on the unit. A computer is available for families and client use in the library.
Admission to the 9 bed Palliative Care Unit is based upon:
- clinical need related to symptoms
- crisis respite
- physician referral
- space availability
The goals of the Palliative Care Unit are:
- To provide short-term care of clients needing relief of symptoms such as pain, nausea, anxiety and restlessness.
- To relieve suffering and help clients/families cope and find meaning during this difficult time.
- To assist with plans for discharge, and to provide end-of-life-care.