Do your part to improve access to palliative care across Canada.
Everyone in Canada deserves holistic, compassionate, and person-centered care when they are faced with their own, or a loved one’s life-limiting illness. Too few receive it.
Be a voice for compassionate care across Canada. Join CHPCA in demanding better access to palliative care in every postal code.
We need your help to tell the real story of hospice palliative care in Canada.
Help us show policy-makers and health care leaders the impact of quality palliative care, or lack thereof, on families in Canada through your lived experiences.
What was your experience with hospice palliative care?
What does CHPCA advocate for?
- Accessible, comprehensive hospice palliative care for every person in Canada with a life-limiting illness, in the setting of their choosing.
- The full funding and implementation of the Framework on Palliative Care in Canada (2018) and of the Action Plan on Palliative Care (2019).
- Adequate resourcing of hospice palliative care organizations and hospice palliative care teams to ensure they can continue to provide high quality palliative care and grow to meet rising demand for care and services.
- Investing in expanding grief and bereavement support services available in communities and in hospice palliative care organizations.
- Increased support for unpaid caregivers including accessible respite care, financial assistance, employment accommodations and protections, and grief and bereavement support services.
- Establishing a standardized curriculum educating and training all health care and community care workers on basic palliative care competencies.