Grief and Bereavement Resource Repository
This repository of grief and bereavement resources is a collection of useful links and resources to help you and your loved ones cope with grief. Please note this page will be updated on regular basis with new and other suggested resources.
If you would like to add other resources to our repository, please contact [email protected] and we will update the repository with you suggested resource.
Resources for Coping with Grief
- MyGrief.ca by Canadian Virtual Hospice
- What’s your Grief?
- CAMH: Loss, Grief and Healing
- Good Grief: Virtual programming and family support
- Grief Stories
- Family TLC: Counselling Services
- The Healthy Mourning Revolution: Creating compassionate communities by teaching the keys to healthy mourning
- Yoga for Grief Support
- The Saying Goodbye Concert
- Healthy Sleep Tips (Sleepfoundation.org)
- The Compassionate Friends of Canada: Support in the grief and trauma following the death of a child; no matter the age or cause
- Agencies that provide grief support
- Canadian Mental Health Association – Grieving
- Agencies that provide grief support
- Webinar Recording: Everybody Grieves – How you can better recognize, respond to, and process grief: Webinar hosted by CHPCA, presented by Maria Vassiliou from Philotimo Life on November 16, 2021 in honour of National Grief and Bereavement Day.
Kids, Youth & Grief
- The Dougy Center: The National Center for Grieving Children & Families
- Helping Grieving Children
- KidsGrief.ca: Talking with Kids & Teens About Dying and Death
- The Camp Kerry Society: A registered nonprofit organization specializing in bereavement care. Supporting Children, Youth, Adults & Families impacted by serious illness, grief & loss.
- The Canadian Alliance for Grieving Children and Youth: A national group of over 90 organizations and professionals working together to ensure the accessibility of bereavement support and information to grieving children and their families.
- The Children and Youth Grief Network: Resources created to improve grief literacy and build community capacity to support and work with grieving children and youth.
- Family Education Center (FEC): An online library of parenting resources delivered by parents for parents to provide the skills and tools needed to help families thrive.
- Camp Erin Toronto: A program where children and teens ages 6-17 attend transformational day and weekend camps that combine traditional, fun camp activities with grief education and emotional support – free of charge for all families.
- Children’s Grief Centre: Operated by Hospice Calgary, this centre offers individual and family counselling, peer support, education, consulting and practical resources for children and their families.
- Family First: Grief during COVID-19
- Guide for Bereaved People During a Pandemic (Formations Monbourquette)
- Coping with Stress During the 2019-nCoV Outbreak (WHO)
- COVID-19: Balancing Public Health and Mental Health (Anxiety Canada)
- COVID-19 and Anxiety (heretohelp)
- Mental health and the COVID-19 Pandemic (CAMH)
- CAMH: Online peer-to-peer discussion forum
- A Practical Evidence-Based Self-Help Program for COVID-19 Related Worry and Anxiety (Valley Centre for Counselling; free, 6-session program)
- Tolerance for Uncertainty: A COVID-19 Workbook. A free, downloadable workbook with strategies to cope with the anxiety and uncertainty related to the COVID outbreak (Bay Psychology)
- Tip sheet for Managing Coronavirus Concerns for People Who Have OCD (Shala Nicely)
- COVID-19: Practical Cognitive Behavioural Strategies to Manage your Mental Health (Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre)
- Finding Hope and Resilience During the COVID-19 Pandemic (Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre)
- Guide To Living With Worry And Anxiety Amidst Global Uncertainty (available in multiple languages; Dr. M. Whalley & Dr. H. Kaur)
- Simple Ways of Finding Happiness in Challenging Times (Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre)
- Good Grief: Funeral during a pandemic
Location/Region Specific Resources
- Bereaved Families of Ontario
- BC Bereavement line
- Chiefs of Ontario: Regional assistance for members in urban centres
- Entraide-Deuil de l’Outaouais (Gatineau, Québec) French Only
- Indigenous Peoples in BC: Indian Residential Schools Survival Society
- Living with Advanced Illness Centre – Hospice Calgary