CHPCA wants to build a future for Palliative Care Everywhere in Canada. To get there, we need policy-makers and health care leaders to understand why investing in accessible and high-quality hospice palliative care must be a priority.
What you can do
We need your help to tell the real story of hospice palliative care in Canada. Your stories will help us to better illustrate the impact that hospice palliative care could have on every family in Canada if every person with a life-limiting illness could access this care.
Questions? Read our FAQ!
Share your story with us!
As CHPCA advocates for better access to care across Canada, we want to illustrate the impact of quality hospice palliative care, or the lack thereof, on families through the lived expriences of every day Canadians.
Our team will read every story that is submitted, but we can’t promise every story will be shared.
Your story could be selected to be featured in various advocacy or awareness-raising campaigns on hospice palliative care led by CHPCA. All our work, including advocacy and awareness campaigns, seeks to improve access to high quality hospice palliative care in Canada.
We may use the story as a whole, or use a quote from what you share, to show the real impact of hospice palliative care on people’s lives, and/or why policy-makers and health care leaders should support policies and projects that increase access to hospice palliative care in Canada.
If your story is chosen to be featured or shared in a campaign, you will have the opportunity to review materials where your story is used before publication.
Your submission might be edited for grammar, clarity, and/or translated to another language. In that case, you would have the opportunity to review any changes before publication.
Hospice palliative care is holistic care for people with life-limiting illnesses and their loved ones to improve their quality of life, and reduce health-related suffering. That includes:
- Pain and symptom management
- Social, psychological, emotional and spiritual support
- Caregiver support
- Grief and bereavement support
So, if your story is related to any of these elements of hospice palliative care, we want to hear it!
If you’re not sure what to write, here are some questions that can help you get started:
- Were you or your loved one able to easily access high-quality palliative care?
- Were there available supports for caregivers, and did they meet your/their needs?
- Were grief and bereavement supports accessible if or when they were needed?
- What part of your experience with hospice palliative care are you grateful for?
- What do you wish could have been different about your experience with hospice palliative care?
- How did these things impact you and/or your loved one’s journey?
- What is the most important thing you want others to understand about your story?
For more information, contact us at [email protected] or call 1-800-668-2785.