Join us for an opportunity to apply your clinical and leadership skills within a compassionate, relationship-centred environment. This role has been recently expanded to provide innovative leadership within a Hospice program that provides personal, compassionate, end-of-life care, putting residents and those they call family and friends first.
The manager has a central role collaborating with the Executive Director to ensure that the program is in alignment with the organizations vision, mission, values and strategic plan. The manager oversees the daily operations of the services and care and through their leadership, shapes a culture of compassion, wellbeing and joy.
Hospice Palliative Care is a philosophy of care which focuses on comfort, quality of life, and supporting the precious moments families will share with their loved ones during their final days together. In collaboration and consultation with physicians, multi-disciplinary care team, and volunteers, we support our residents to live each day with dignity and honour by providing compassionate, end- of-life care in a home-like setting. Hospice is a signatory partner of the Chatham-Kent Ontario Health Team and the manager will participate in the evolution of the integration of Chatham-Kent Hospice within the local health team.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing, or related health discipline required
- Current good standing registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario, or related Regulated Professional College required.
Skill, Ability, Experience:
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Supervisory/Management position required.
- Recent experience working in a healthcare, community health care, and/or hospice palliative care setting preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in day-to-day operations and problem solving for: staffing, flow of clinical care, complaint resolution, budget and program planning, change management, accountability and risk management required.
- Ability to lead and implement change effectively with a key focus on quality relationshipcentred care required.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary care team, and with volunteers and community partners required.
- French language skills (oral and written) an asset.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- As a member of the Leadership Team lead the daily operations that support resident and family care.
- Continually advances the operational effectiveness and efficiency of the program through quality improvement initiatives, benchmarking, and work flow.
- Collaboratively develops and monitors the operating and capital budgets.
- Plans, implements and elevates outcomes of work processes for areas of responsibility and direct reports.
- Models, leads and facilitates, a working environment that ensures safe and respectful,
competent work practices and relations, a culture of continuous improvement, and
To join our dynamic team, please send your cover letter and resume in PDF or .docx format, or any
questions or requests for support for accessibility to Jessica Smith, Executive Director
(firstname.lastname@example.org) by 4:00pm on May 19, 2021.
Chatham-Kent Hospice is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified candidates, who embrace our core values, and will accommodate applicants’ needs throughout all stages of the selection process. All information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Offers of employment to prospective employees are conditional upon the successful completion and disclosure of a Police Records/Vulnerable Sector Check, and must have a valid driver’s license.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.