The Vancouver Hospice Society (VHS) is a non-profit, charitable organization with over 600 dedicated members and volunteers. Governed by an independent Board of Directors, VHS focuses on the provision of quality end-of-life care and bereavement support services.
As our current Executive Director is stepping down to focus on the next chapter in her life, we are seeking an equally passionate, compassionate and dedicated individual to continue the success of the organization.
The ED reports to the Board Chair and works in partnership with the Board of Directors to develop and safely carry out the organization’s short and long-term strategic objectives to ensure the hospice commitments are achieved. Provides oversight of and participation in patient and family care and hospice programs, finance and budgeting, staff and volunteer management, fundraising, marketing and communications, community outreach, donor relations and stewardship. Takes the lead on building and sustaining government, public sector, health care partners and stakeholder relationships.
The ideal candidate will have a graduate degree in nursing or health care, complemented by clinical expertise in hospice and palliative care, and a minimum of 5 years senior management experience in health and public administration. Strong leadership, team and relationship building skills are essential to the role.
The successful candidate will also bring the following to the role:
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a Board of Directors, physicians, staff and volunteers to achieve the mission and broad strategic direction of the Society.
- Superior communication skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders including, patients and families, physicians, staff, donors, volunteers, government and regional health authority officials.
- Sound knowledge of the cornerstones of a health care, non-profit environment including fundraising, staff and volunteer development, program development and delivery, marketing and communications and financial management.
- Demonstrated forward thinking with the ability to execute and deliver on strategic objectives.
- Recognized for a high degree of self-awareness, integrity, respect, empathy, compassion, commitment, accountability and an ‘all-hands-on-deck’ approach.
An equivalent combination of education, experience and qualifications will be considered. The FTE level and salary range for this role will be discussed with short-listed candidates.
Qualified candidates are invited to email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Previous applicants need not re-apply.
For further information about VHS, please visit our website at: http://www.vancouverhospice.org
**Please note this is a sponsored job posting**