The Board of Directors is seeking a visionary leader to continue our journey of providing exceptional care and support to our clients and families.
The Hospice was established in 1979 and is one of the largest community-based hospices in Ontario. Our vision is to be an oasis of peace, comfort and trust supporting the whole person with respect, compassion and empathy.
The Hospice offers numerous programs and services to persons with a life-altering diagnosis and their families/caregivers that include: a palliative medicine program, social work and spiritual care (all which provide home visits), wellness centre programs, a comprehensive volunteer program, and two residential homes – one located in Windsor and one in Leamington.
Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) is responsible for the overall operation of the programs of Hospice Windsor and Essex County. Working within the mission, vision and values of Hospice Windsor and Essex County, and in accordance with the by-laws, constitution, budgetary and policies and procedures, the ED is responsible for managing all resources to ensure the delivery of quality hospice palliative care that responds to the needs of clients and their loved ones in a workplace that attracts and retains excellent employees and volunteers.
Qualifications and Education
• 5-7-year experience in a healthcare management role preferred;
• Postgraduate degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience;
• An understanding of the complexity of hospice palliative care;
• Excellent relationship management experience within a transdisciplinary team-based environment;
• Proven track record in government and community relations;
• Understanding of and experience working with a Board preferred;
• Demonstrated understanding of fundraising management skills;
• Strong commitment to partnership, collaboration and cooperative working relationships;
• Proven financial management skills experience;
• Is a visible leader who has a client service orientation;
• Bilingual English/French is an asset;
Interested candidates are requested to apply, in confidence, with a resume and cover letter to HR@thehospice.ca prior to the application closing date of January 18, 2021, at 9 am
We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Hospice provides for an accessible environment in accordance with legislation. If selected for an interview, please indicate whether you require accessibility accommodations.
**This is a sponsored job posting**