Oak Ridges Hospice – Executive Director
Oak Ridges Hospice (ORH) will open in 2021 and be the first hospice residence to open in Durham Region, Ontario. We believe in providing compassionate care to people who are in the last stages of their end-of-life journey. With the support of our dedicated staff and volunteers, we will support our residents and their loved ones in a tranquil, home-like setting that honours their lives and respects their dignity.
We are looking for an Executive Director who will work with the Board of Directors to help us achieve our vision, taking ORH from a newly-constructed building of bricks and mortar to a place of comfort and compassion for our palliative residents.
The Executive Director will be responsible for the successful leadership and management of Oak Ridges Hospice and its employees. In conjunction with the Board, the ED will develop and operationalize the next phase of the organization’s strategic directions, mission and vision. You believe in the importance of volunteers in the hospice environment and are dedicated to developing and nurturing stakeholder relationships including government, other hospices and organizations, community and donors.
- Located in Port Perry, Ontario,
- Full-time Executive Director
- Competitive salary and benefits
You can learn more about Oak Ridges Hospice or view the full job description by visiting our website www.oakridgeshospice.com.
In addition to the personal qualities that make you an effective leader and team-builder, you have the following qualifications and experience that enable you to be an outstanding performer in a dynamic, evolving environment:
- A Masters or undergraduate degree in one or more areas of health care, social services, business or non-profit management;
- At least five years of senior management experience leading a charitable, non-profit organization and working with a volunteer Board of Directors in the community health or palliative care sector;
- Knowledge of federal and provincial legislation applicable to non-profit charitable and hospice palliative care organizations;
- Proficiency in financial management and experience in fiduciary responsibilities of provincial funding and donor funded organizations;
- Must be able to work flexible hours and travel to local, regional and provincial meetings
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their application in confidence, quoting “Executive Director Application” in the subject line to email@example.com. Please provide us with your covering letter and resume, clearly outlining how you meet the qualifications of this vital role.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled, with application review beginning September 14, 2020.
Oak Ridges Hospice is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please identify your requirements in your application if you require an accommodation.