Language Designation: English essential, bilingual preferred
Supervisor: Executive Director
Hours per Week: 37.5
Annual Salary Range: $44,000 – $58,000
Start Date: TBD
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and multi-talented individual for the role of Development & Fundraising Officer.
The incumbent is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with national associations, corporations, foundations and individuals to ensure financial stability for the Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association (CHPCA).
The Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association (CHPCA) is the national voice for Hospice Palliative Care in Canada. We are a small, dynamic and highly-driven team who work tirelessly to advance and advocate for quality hospice palliative care in Canada, with a focus on public policy, public education and awareness.
Scope of Authority and Decision Making
The Development & Fundraising Officer functions under the direct supervision of the Executive Director. Priorities are determined in consultation with the Executive Director. The Development & Fundraising Officer is empowered with decision-making authority with respect to the duties and objectives assigned, and make decisions in consultation with the Executive Director.
Experience, Education and Other Qualifications Required
- Post secondary education in marketing, communications, public relations or related program or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 1-3 years fundraising experience with proven track record of meeting revenue targets
- Self-motivated and uses own initiative to drive progress towards goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with cold calling prospects
- Strong time management, organization and planning skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines consistently
- Highly effective working independently and within a team
- Knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) applications is essential. Experience with fundraising databases, SUMAC is an asset.
- Bilingual (English and French) is an asset
- Experience in the non-profit, not-for-profit, or voluntary sector and sales is an asset.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with Executive Director to identify new areas of opportunity for revenue
- Prospect, research, evaluate and cultivate new partnerships and donors
- Recruit members and manage the CHPCA Champion’s Council including creating correspondence campaigns and managing the Canadian Compassionate Company program and member companies
- Cultivate and steward sponsors for National Hospice Palliative Care Week, Hike for Hospice Palliative Care, Bereavement Day, Carer’s Day, the Learning Institute and the Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Conference
- Research funding opportunities both private sector funding, grants and government programs
- Manage, steward and grow current partnerships, by building relationships with current and potential funders and other key stakeholders
- Develop proposals, conference sponsorship packages and pitches
- Create funding reports and send them out in a timely fashion
- Manage A/Rs of funders
- Contribute to all campaigns as needed (marketing, themes, social media)
- Manage events as needed
- Achieve overall development revenue targets
- Other duties as appropriate
Knowledge and Personal Attributes
- Highly motivated with positive attitude and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior oral and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, including maturity, diplomacy and the ability to foster productive professional relationships for managing the daily interactions with internal and external resources.
- Strong degree of drive, resourcefulness, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills, attention to detail and an ability to manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Creative and ability to think outside the box.
- Ability to work in a team environment but work independently with minimal supervision.
Please submit your resume and cover letter no later than October 30th, 2019 at 4 pm (ET). We thank all those who apply however only those who qualify will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $44,000.00 to $58,000.00 /year
- fundraising: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)