CHPCA Learning Institute Zoom Technical Assistant
Position Title: CHPCA Learning Institute Zoom Technical Assistant (12 positions available)
Language Designation: English
Supervisor: Office Manager
Hours: Approx. 20 hours
- November 12th – 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
- November 13th – 9:00 am to 3:30 pm,
- Plus up to two training sessions dates/times TBD
Location: Work from Home
The Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association (CHPCA) is hosting the 2020 Learning Institute Virtually. The Learning Institute will be utilizing the Zoom platform to host four Streams of education related to the field of hospice palliative care on November 12th and 13th, 2020.
In order to ensure smooth running of the online event, the CHPCA is seeking individuals to assist in the operation of the Zoom platform for the duration of the event. The Zoom Technical Assistant will also be required to participate in at least one training session and a second may also be required.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Zoom Technical Assistant will be working as a part of a team of other Zoom Technical Assistants and will be assigned tasks of the following nature:
- Assist with setting up Zoom Meetings
- Aid presenters with loading and running PowerPoint Presentations
- Load and manage Zoom Polls
- Assist with loading and playing videos
- Monitor chat rooms for shared resources, questions, and technical issues
- Posting technical tips and hints in chat
- Communicating with presenters and delegates on technical and administrative issues
- Assist presenters with screen sharing, using whiteboard functions, entry and exit of breakout rooms
- Assist with resource distribution via Zoom platform and email (if necessary)
- Moderate and ask questions to presenters as written in the chat
- Aid Learning Institute delegates with minor technical issues (ex. connecting to audio, muting/unmuting, turning camera on and off, etc.)
- Facilitate and monitor entry of delegates via the Waiting Room
- Monitor and manage security issues, including removing unwanted individuals from the Zoom meeting, if necessary
- Other technical and administrative issues as required
Experience, Qualifications, and Requirements
Ideal candidate will have experience using Zoom and/or Microsoft Teams, particularly in an administrative capacity. Experience using Zoom is not required; however, it is strongly preferred. Advanced computer skills are essential. Candidate must have basic troubleshooting abilities. Training will be provided on Zoom platform; however, successful candidate should be adept at picking up technological platforms quickly. Candidates must also be familiar with how to run a PowerPoint presentation, play videos, and feel comfortable doing so in a live online learning setting. Candidate should also be comfortable with reading questions aloud from the chat.
Candidate will require access to a computer with sound and video capabilities and have a stable internet connection. QuickTime must be installed on your computer for video presentations via PowerPoint.
Interested candidates should be in contact with Cheryl Spencer at email@example.com for more details.