Position Title: Digital Marketing Officer
Supervisor: Manager, Development & Partnerships
Hours per Week: 37.50
Salary Range: $48-$50 k
The Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association (CHPCA) is the national voice for hospice palliative care in Canada with a mission that all Canadians have equitable access to quality hospice palliative care regardless of race, religion, or geographical location. We are a small team with a big mandate which provides a lot of opportunities for each member of the team. The Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association (CHPCA) is seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic full-time Digital Marketing Officer which is a newly created role within the Communications team.
To coordinate all digital communications for the Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association (CHPCA) including social media, content management, campaigns, and branding. Promote the Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association (CHPCA) mission, membership, and Marketplace resources. Provide communications support to the CHPCA. Coordinate and support all online marketing activities of the CHPCA. Work with the Communications Team to manage and coordinate the activities and online promotion and campaigns.
Scope of Authority and Decision Making
The Digital Marketing Officer functions under the direct supervision of the Manager, Development & Partnerships. Priorities are determined by the Manager in consultation with the Digital Marketing Officer. The Digital Marketing Officer is empowered with decision-making authority with respect to the duties and objectives assigned and makes such decisions in consultation with the manager when appropriate.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience in developing and creating graphics, layout and design, web content and other digital communications tools
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, (particularly MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe InDesign, website content management systems, social media networks, and online HTML marketing e-mail programs
- Strong research and organization skills
- Ability to analyze and reach effective problem-solving solutions
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Ability to respond to urgent requests
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for the implementation of digital campaigns that will engage, inform, and inspire our membership, partners, and the public (include liaise with external contractors)
- Assist with advisory committees (for campaigns, QELCCC, Champion’s Council) which may include meeting organization, agendas, and minutes
- Layout and design of AVSIO (CHPCA bi-annual newsletter), creation of promotional materials, and internal and external communications (e.g., newsletters, emails, and long-form content on specific topics)
- Assist the Communications Officer with the Annual Report
- Will play a key role as part of the CHPCA Knowledge Translation team
- Run the CHPCA webinars (liaise with presenters, technical logistics, promotion, hosting)
- Manage the CHPCA social media channels including content creation, posting, and monitoring, including gathering metrics for reporting purposes and supporting strategic objectives accordingly while growing the CHPCA online presence
- Manage the CHPCA websites to include developing and implementing SEO strategies, maintaining Google Ad Grants, and Google Analytics, Job and Event posts, general updates, and maintenance (broken links etc.) and new website pages for campaigns or events
- Will assist with all fundraising activities such as researching for potential grant opportunities and corporate sponsors, corporate sponsorship applications, donor email newsletter, events, third party fundraisers and new areas for financial sustainability
- Communicates clearly and effectively in a professional and friendly manner and exhibits excellent interpersonal skills
- Creative thinker
- A proactive, self-starter who thrives in an environment where he/she can be equally successful working independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills, and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and competing deadlines
- Ability to work within short timelines, respond to urgent requests, meet deadlines
- The ability to work effectively from home until such a time as deemed, we “return to office” which is currently scheduled for January 2022 (and will be a hybrid scenario)
- Enthusiastic desire to work in the non-profit sector, mission-driven and passionate about the cause
Education and Other Qualifications Required:
- Completed degree or diploma from a recognized university or college in the discipline of Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, Marketing or a combination of education and experience relevant to the role will be considered
- Minimum 1-year relevant work experience in a digital communications capacity preferred
- Experience in fundraising, corporate sponsorship preferred
- Experience in the non-profit, not-for-profit, or voluntary sector is an asset
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills are essential
- Excellent communication skills, flexibility, initiative, and creativity
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job posting will close on October 22, 2021.
Accommodations will be provided at all stages of the hiring process. We ask applicants to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.