Position Title: Communications Officer
Language Designation: Bilingual – English (Written and Spoken) and French (Spoken and Comprehension) Essential
Supervisor: Manager, Development & Partnerships
Hours per Week: 37.50
Salary Range: $44,000 — $52,000
The Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association (CHPCA) is the national voice for hospice palliative care in Canada with a mission that all Canadians have equitable access to quality hospice palliative care regardless of race, religion or geographical location. We are a small team with a big mandate which provides a lot of opportunity for each member of the team. The Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association (CHPCA) is seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic full time Communications Officer.
What You Will Do:
- Develops and supports the implementation of digital campaigns that will engage, inform and inspire our membership, partners and the general public
- Manage advisory committees (for campaigns, QELCCC)
- Writing content for ehospice (a globally run news and information resource committed to bringing you the latest news, commentary and analysis from the world of hospice, palliative and end of life care), AVSIO (CHPCA bi-annual newsletter), promotional materials, and internal and external communications (e.g., newsletters, press releases, policy & briefing notes, emails, and long-form content on specific topics)
- Responsible for the Annual Report
- Will play a key role as part of the CHPCA Knowledge Translation team
- Assist with webinars when required (promotion, hosting)
- Assist with content creation and monitoring of CHPCA’s social media channels, including gathering metrics and supporting strategic objectives accordingly
- Updating of the CHPCA websites in French
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience in developing and writing briefing materials, press releases, web content and other communications tools
- Excellent writer, ability to copy edit, write for your audience
- Strong research and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to implement tactics to help maintain and strengthen organizational awareness and messaging
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of stakeholders, partners, affiliates and members as well as demonstrated writing and presentation skills to a variety of audiences
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, (particularly MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Adobe InDesign, website content management systems, social media networks, and online html marketing e-mail programs
- Communicates clearly and effectively in a professional and friendly manner and exhibits excellent interpersonal skills
- Creative thinker
- Self-starter who thrives in an environment where he/she can be equally successful working independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills, and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and competing deadlines
- Ability to work within short timelines, respond to urgent requests, meet deadlines
- The ability to work effectively from home until such a time as deemed, we “return to office” which is currently scheduled for January 2022 (and will be a hybrid scenario)
- Enthusiastic desire to work in the non-profit sector
Education and Other Qualifications Required:
- Must be fluently bilingual, in English and French – This position is designated Bilingual Imperative
- Completed degree or diploma from a recognized university or college in the discipline of Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, Marketing or a combination of education and experience relevant to the role will be considered
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience in a communications capacity preferred
- Experience in the non-profit, not-for-profit, or voluntary sector is an asset.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills are essential, and French oral and comprehension skills are essential. (English and French).
- Excellent communication skills, flexibility, initiative, and creativity
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible and will assess applications as they are received.
Accommodations will be provided at all stages of the hiring process. We ask applicants to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.