Looking to brush up on some of your skills? Need to learn more about specific pain and symptom management for end-of-life care? Then our new series of Accredited Online Events is just what you are looking for!
The first of our upcoming series of 6, this online accredited learning session on April 25, 2013 will examine recent research on continuous palliative sedation therapy and the development of the Canadian Consensus Framework. Presented by Dr. Blair Henry and Dr. Doreen Oneschuk.
This session is accredited by the College of Family Physicians and is valid for 1.5 Mainpro-M1 credits.
Learning objectives include:
- Placing palliative sedation therapy into a historical context.
- Provide an overview of PST Guidelines internationally and compare with the Canadian Framework
- Exploration of the key ethical issues which renders PST contentious
- Review key sections of the Canadian CPST Guideline (Definition of CPST; Clinical indicators for use of CPST; Decision-making requirements for starting CPST; Monitoring recommendations
- Need for future work and research
- Q&A Session
This session will run for 60 minutes followed by a 30 minute interactive question and answer period.
This event is only $45 for CHPCA members and $55 for non-members!
Register nowThe CHPCA will be running 6 accredited webinars over the course of the year. Topics for upcoming events are:
- Cancer treatment related pain presented by Dr. Pippa Hawley and Dr. Larry Librach
- Palliative Care for Non-cancer Illnesses: Dementia presented by Dr. Michael Gordon
- Palliative Care for Non-cancer Illnesses: Heart Failure presented Dr. James Downar, Dr. Leah Steinberg and Dr. Heather Ross
- Palliative Care for Non-cancer Illnesses: End Stage Lung Disease presented by Dr. James Downar and Dr. Rebecca Coleman
- Palliative Care for Non-cancer Illnesses: Neurodegenerative Diseases presented by Dr. Colleen O’Connell