Chief Operating Officer
On behalf of our client, Victoria Hospice, we are searching for an experienced Chief Operating Officer (COO) to lead and manage their client-facing operations in Victoria, BC. This person will inspire and lead a wide range of professionals under the Victoria Hospice umbrella – from Clinical Care and Psychosocial Services, to Volunteer Services and Education and Research.
Are you looking for that rare opportunity to spread your health care management wings? Would you relish the opportunity to apply your experience leading cross-functional teams of similar complexity and scope, ideally within a non-profit organization? Does your background include a Master’s degree in health care administration, health information science/related discipline, or a similar combination of education, training and experience? If you answered “yes”, and you have been searching for a career opportunity that also capitalizes on your magnetic personality and impeccable communication skills, then we encourage you to apply.
The right candidate will be joining a highly reputable and long-standing Hospice organization with deep roots in the Greater Victoria community. Established in 1980, Victoria Hospice’s vision is to provide quality palliative end-of-life care for all. Their mission is to enhance the quality of life for those facing life-limiting illness, death and bereavement through patient and family-centered care, education, research and advocacy.
Why join Victoria Hospice?
- You will be joining an organization with a world-wide reputation for outstanding palliative and hospice care, and you will be a valued member of the Victoria Hospice Senior Leadership Team.
- You will join a collaborative team environment where comradery across departments is celebrated.
- You will be working with values-driven professionals in a patient-and family-centred care environment.
- Victoria Hospice offers competitive wages and benefits, particularly considering their non-profit status.
- Their office is centrally located on the Royal Jubilee Hospital campus, near transit routes, bike lanes, and has great lunch options close by.
While the largest funding partner for Victoria Hospice is the Vancouver Island Health Authority (VIHA), VH is a registered charity and donations fund almost half of our annual operating costs. Community investment is critical for the ongoing operation of programs and services for patients and families as well as education and research.
If you consider yourself a talented, caring leader of diverse programs in health care, and ideally hospice or palliative care, and you love building solid relationships and helping others grow their own career, then we encourage you to review the full Job Description at www.TallSky.ca to learn more, and to apply!
Our Ideal COO Candidate:
- Master’s degree in health care administration, health information science, or related discipline, or a similar combination of education, training and experience. Certified Health Executive (CHE) designation is considered an asset
- Minimum of 10 years of recent, related senior health care management experience, ideally with experience in a hospice and palliative care organization.
- Experience leading, motivating and engaging cross-functional teams including recruitment, training and coordinating staff; similar experience with volunteers preferred.
- Experience in budget preparation and financial control for organizations of similar complexity and scope, ideally within a non-profit organization.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, executive team, clinical professionals, community partners and internal and external stakeholders.
- Sound knowledge and commitment to providing exceptional patient and family-centered care.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of the principles and practices of organizational management and administration combined quality improvement.
- Strong financial, critical thinking, decision making and communication (both oral and written) skills.
- Ability to prepare and analyze complex business documents and reports and effectively present in writing or verbally to diverse audiences.
- Ability to support and operate within a consensus decision-making environment and experience developing high performing teams.
- Exemplifies ethical practices, professionalism and personal integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to keep current on new and innovative practices and implement them strategically.
- Knowledge of Human Resource and labour relations practices.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of data gathering and analysis.
How to Apply:
After reviewing the full Job Description at www.TallSky.ca, qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to email@example.com with a resume and covering letter that indicates how you meet the requirements of this position.
We thank all applicants who apply; however after initial acknowledgment, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.