Contact Sea to Sky Hospice Society
Contact NameAshling Amato - Volunteer Coordinator
- Call:604-892-6051 x5
- Fax:(604) 892-6056
- Address:38140 Behrner Drive
Squamish, British Columbia. V8B 0J3
- Number of Beds:4
Dedicated Hospice Palliative Care UnitHospice SocietyNon-profit Organization / Health Charity
Bereavement SupportComplementary TherapiesNursesOther Complementary Services / TherapiesSpiritual/Pastoral SupportVolunteer Coordinators
All conditionsRead Overview of Programs and Services
Send Us an Email
Overview of Programs and Services
Age groups served
Whistler Blackcomb Foundation Sea to Sky Community Hospice
Previously known as Squamish Hospice Society
Sea-To-Sky Hospice works in collaboration with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) teams to support patients and families at the hospice unit:
- Volunteers visit the unit daily, spending time with patients and family members, ensuring comfort items are in supply, playing music, visiting with therapy dogs, helping with family laundry, and anything else that families require to feel supported and cared for during their stay.
- Staff support the palliative team by attending weekly medical rounds and ensure that supports such as one on one grief counselling or family meetings are available as needed.
- Volunteers offer an additional layer of support to nursing staff as an extra set of eyes and ears in the unit.
- With the help of generous donations, the Sea to Sky Hospice Society ensures comfort items are available at the hospice unit for patients and families. These items include kitchen essentials such as coffee, tea and snack items, bathroom necessities such as shampoo, soap, dental hygiene items, laundry items for the family laundry room, games, puzzles, fans and other items that help make the hospice unit feel more like home.
For more information or to connect with our team, please call 604-892-6051 ext. 5