Contact Palliative Pain & Symptom Management Consultation Services - Southwestern Ontario
- Call:(519) 685-4086
- Fax:(519) 685-4087
- Address:550 Wellington Road, Room A2-152
London, Ontario. N6C 0A7
- Number of Beds:0
Read Overview of Programs and Services
Send Us an Email
Overview of Programs and Services
Age groups served
The Palliative Pain and Symptom Management Consultation Program, Southwestern Ontario, provides service providers, in-home care agencies (South West Local Health Integration Network – Home and Community Care and contracted providers), long-term care homes, community support services and doctors, access to palliative pain and symptom management nurse consultant/educator providing consultation, education, mentorship and linkages to palliative care resources across the continuum of care.
Education and consultation to service providers offering end-of-life care sessions includes basic and advance palliative-care training consultation regarding pain and symptom management.
The Palliative Pain and Symptom Management consultant:
- Assists service providers in the application of the Model to Guide Hospice Palliative Care, assessment tools and best practice guidelines
- Offers consultation to service providers in person, by telephone, by video-conference, or through e-mail regarding care (e.g. assessment and management of pain and other symptoms)
- Provides case-based education and mentoring for service providers
- Helps build capacity amongst front line service providers in the delivery of palliative care
- Links providers with specialized hospice palliative care resources.
The service does not provide direct client/patient assessment or care planning. As part of an education/coaching activity with a service provider a client/patient may be present, however, the service provider remains the one responsible for the care.