To recognize the outstanding national contribution of a CHPCA member who exemplifies professional and/or personal commitment and achievement in the field of hospice palliative care within Canada.
Past Award Recipients
The nominee is an exemplary CHPCA member whose excellence is devoted to hospice palliative care in Canada in either a paid or voluntary capacity. To be a recipient of this award, the nominee must have made an impact at the national level and contributed to the mission of CHPCA by enhancing the quality of life for individuals and their loved ones who are facing a life threatening illness and bereavement.
The award will be presented to only one individual in a given year and it is possible that it may not be granted every year.
- Committed to excellence
- Champion and friend
- Compassionate and knowledgeable
Submitted nominations must include:
- the completed Nomination Form signed by the nominee
- two letters of support describing the nominee’s accomplishments, competencies and talents related to hospice palliative care
- one copy of the current CV of the nominee • electronic copy of a recent photo of the nominee
Award Selection Committee:
The award selection committee will comprise of the CHPCA National Communications Committee and or designated regional alternate.
Selection Committee Role:
- To review all nominations within a designated time frame
- To objectively evaluate and score each nomination according to the agreed upon evaluation criteria.
- To discuss, debate and build consensus around the annual Award recipient via scheduled meetings/teleconference discussions
- To inform the CHPCA Executive Committee of decision
- To develop and implement communications materials to leverage the Award Recipient Announcement which will coincide with the CHPCA AGM
- To ensure the Award is prepared and presented at the AGM
- To leverage and communicate the Award Announcement with key audiences including local media, CHPCA members and stakeholders.
We are not currently accepting nominations for this award.